Friday, December 4, 2009

Spinach for Quiche

Spinach left from spicy lentil soup went into tonight's quiche.

Tonight's quiche generated leftover chopped onion and mashed potatoes.

Between the soup and the quiche, there should be enough for the weekend.


Tonight I made quiche from the (old) Enchanted Broccoli Forest Cookbook. I am starting to think that this 27 year old cookbook is from the days where vegetarian food was expected to be Good. It wasn't expected to taste Good.

On Wednesday night I made the Spicy Lentils with Spinach and Apple. This left me with a big 'ol handful of spinach. And ... I am committed.

Must. Not. Waste. Spinach.

So tonight it was quiche. With spinach.

Let me pause here and declare that the terms "simple" and "simply" should be stricken from every cookbook. Quiche may, indeed, be simple, but it still takes time. I started this "simple" recipe at 2:30 p.m. today.

By 4:15 I was still working and had a pile of washing up to show for it.

Perhaps I created too much work for myself?

Didn't get to eat the quiche tonight because of a timing issue. It's a long story involving a Subaru transmission. But we did have leftovers so it's okay.

So, what to I do with leftover mashed potatoes?

Eileen

No comments:

Post a Comment